Community service is defined as investing time and serving others outside the family as a volunteer. Community service allows us to develop character, build self-esteem, and instills a life-long lesson of how to give back, while allowing us an opportunity to explore possibilities that may lead to future careers.
Information on volunteer opportunities can be found at your school an on www.volunteermatch.org and www.unitedway.org. A majority of scholarships require community service. However, community service scholarships exist as a category all on their own. Documentation is crucial.
- Brief description of activity (2-3 sentences)
- Date and hours served
- Signature and telephone of a supervisor (Non-family members only)
2. What difference did you make?
3. What leadership role did you have?
4. Were you a role model?
5. How did community service make you feel?
- Create a FREE account on www.Edudaris.com.
- Update your profile to 100% to automatically be matched to as many OFFERS, as possible, which include scholarships!
- Join a FREE Path to Scholarships® Five-Step Mini COURSE to learn how to apply successfully to college and for scholarships.